i have tons of email from lots of people requesting different features and upgrades so i thought to have post on site about roadmap/feature requests for PiHome so we can share ideas what we can do and what is needed and how community can help and contribute, right now everything is under one post but once we get things moving we can have one dedicate page for each upgrade.
List of request/features
- Under Floor Heating with Higher Inertia
- E-mail notifications for rare scenarios
On zone fail, sensor battery low, frost protection and over temperature.
- Full HVAC System to accommodate North America and all other countries where heating and cooling control is required.
- Room thermostat with some small touch LCD screen where you can set temperatures without schedule similar to boost function but without time limit only temperature.
- Add MQTT protocol support to add support for other type of hardware.
Support for MQTT temperature sensors added by paulcsf on Github
- Voice control with Google Home/Alexa support.
- PID Control (i call this weather factor but industry call this PID) for your ref: https://www.eurotherm.com/pid-control-made-easy
- OpenTherm is just over the horizons. all new boilers will be built with this protocol for management.
- Boost/Away Button Console
Initial work completed prototype is in testing. see image link
- Weekly Schedule 7-Day Programmable Thermostat.
(Completed on 19/01/2019) Thanks to Terry Adams
- Holidays Feature, for set date and time in future when heating will be set to off.
Completed and here is full story link Thanks to Terry Adams
- Multi-Language Support
Completed with new update to Dolphin version 1.6 you need to translate languages/en.php to your native language.
- Temperature deadband
Added temperature deadband, zone starts when temperature is below setpoint-deadband and stops when temperature is greater or equal to setpoint.Thanks to aszumski
- Some Day to Day improvements are recorded on GitHub for Closed Issues and some Open issues.
Modulating the boiler flow temp based on the outside weather/temp
Geo fencing – turning off heat automatically when your not home, turning it back on as you are on your way home, this will required smart phone app to work.