Build a Web connected raspberry pi thermostat and control your heating from any smart devices, Pihome comes with following two options one Wired to GPIO and wireless with nRF24L01.
Wired Heating System Connected to Raspberry Pi GPIO
- 1-Wire DS18b20 Temperature Sensor
- Multi Zone Heating Control System Relay
- Raspberry pi Heating Boiler Control System Relay
nRF24L01 Wireless Heating System Based on MySensors Library
- Battery Powered Arduino DS18B20 Temperature Sensor
- Wireless Arduino Boiler Controller Relay with nRF24L01
- Wireless Arduino Multi Zone Controller Relay with nRF24L01
- MySensors Serial/WiFi/Ethernet Gateway to communicate all nRF24L01 radio
Install git and then clone pihome project from github to your apache document root location.
sudo apt-get install git
sudo git clone https://github.com/pihome-shc/pihome "/var/www"
If you set to MySQL users and password as per instructions then run setup.php from command line otherwise modify setup.php with correct MySQL username and password and save it and then run:
setup.php will create pihome database and then import table structure, create table view, save db config file with and create all relevant cron jobs.
Set your timezone on your Raspberry pi and then set timezone settings in your MySQL/MariaDB Database(pihome->System->Timezone).
Step 5 – 7 Depends on your choice of Wired to GPIO or Wireless nRF24L01 System
Change database and MySensors WiFi gateway settings in cron/wifigw.py
Build MySensors WiFi Gateway
Now brows to your raspberry pi IP address while connected to your home Wi-Fi and you should see page. Default login username is admin and password pihome